After thoroughly researching numerous types of movement, I finally came across this automata which I found  very interesting and a possibility for the movement of my puppet so I explored its construction

IMG_0438 IMG_0439 IMG_0440

The creation of the main framework of the mechanism was rather simple, however, after close examination I discovered that the control of the extension was produced by a large arcing movement.  This then created a series of complex construction problems between attaching the wing to the bird securely and being able to produce the movement. Due to these issues, I continued my research into other types of movement.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s